Friday 31 May 2013

Hair Advice

I just applied for a new passport as my current one is about to expire, which meant getting passport photos taken. (I need the passport for travelling to the states – no exotic trips planned!) Let me first describe what happened when I got my last set of passport photos taken 5 years ago.  I had biked to the photographer’s on a warm, July day. At the shop I took off my helmet, ran my fingers through my hair and sat down on the stool. The photographer looked at me then said with a thick, Eastern European accent, “Fix your hair some more please.” I started to laugh and did as he requested. Then he said, “No smiling please.” Right, can’t be looking happy in a passport photo. And we ended up with this:


This time I planned ahead and even washed my hair the night before so it would be dry and nice-looking when I got the photos done in the morning. Yes, I do have a hairdryer but I rarely use it and, believe it or not, didn’t even think of just using it to dry my hair in the morning. I woke up with nice dry hair … that was going in every direction because of sleeping on it wet! Oops. I solved this problem by pulling half of my hair back away from my face, the way I’ve worn it at least 75% of the time all my life. I got to the photographer's (different photographer, different accent), gave my hair the pat down and sat on the stool. He looked at me and said, “Pull your hair in front more, over your ears.” I did, and he said, “That looks better.” That looks better?! I’ve been wearing my hair that way for years! I won’t need another passport for 5 years so now I’m going to have to wait 5 years to get more unsolicited hair advice!

1 comment:

The Farmhouse Quilter said...

Hahahaha... thanks for the laugh Trisha! You haven't changed a bit (well maybe I little from the two passport photos)! The nerve of those photographers!!!