Saturday 3 January 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2015

Merry Christmas 
and 
Happy New Year!

I wanted to send Christmas cards this year but ... I had a baby instead. Well, the baby arrived 6 months before Christmas but I think it's still a valid excuse.

In March we moved to a larger apartment. We now have a mountain view, lots of light and no sports gear in the living room or the bedroom! I have a sewing room (that is also a guest room) and Randy has a man-closet. Maybe after our next move he'll have a whole man-cave.

Our highlight of 2014 was the arrival of Helen Emma in June. She is a very happy baby. It's been a fun seven months watching her grow and develop and seeing her personality start to come through.

We've had a lot of visitors: My parents came in June, Randy's parents came in September, and two good friends came in October.

We went windsurfing (and camping) on the August long weekend and on another camping trip in September. Helen and I went to Fernie in October for a wonderful (and long overdue) visit.

We spent Christmas in Ontario this year. Helen and I went ahead to my parents' for a week then met Randy in Carp. Helen enjoyed putting on a show for the grandparents: rolling around, making a mess eating solid food, splashing in the bath, and "talking". The snow didn't cooperate for cross-country skiing but we had a few walks in the bush. We returned to Vancouver on New Year's Eve so we celebrated midnight EST on the plane and midnight PST on the subway in Vancouver! New year's day was a beautiful, sunny day and we had a lovely walk in Lighthouse Park. It was a wonderful start to the new year.
Lighthouse Park, West Vancouver New Year's Day.

1 comment:

The Farmhouse Quilter said...

Those photos are precious.
I think motherhood is transforming...there is nothing better. I am so happy that you are a mommy now!