Wednesday 14 May 2014

A pregnant woman's best friend

What is a pregnant woman's best friend? You're probably thinking dog ... goat ... husband? Not to make Randy feel that he's been replaced (he does give a very good foot massage) but as far as getting me through the workday right now, my compression stockings are my best friend.

And how's this for sexy?
It seems like pregnancy symptoms hit you at your weakest point. I had a varicose vein that had never bothered me and I would not have known about except that a doctor had pointed it out to me. Then I hit the 6-month mark of pregnancy and wham - bulging vein, spider veins, nasty pool of swelling below my ankle - and something had to be done.

Not only do I have these nice-looking ones, I also have thigh highs! Sorry, no photo. They came with special gloves to use to put them on (that are very similar to my furniture-moving gloves that I kept from the woodworking shop) and my latest technique for taking them off is to lie on the bed and call Randy.

They will be useful for a subsequent pregnancy (in good time) and maybe on long flights, then I'll pack them away until I'm 80.

2 comments:

The Farmhouse Quilter said...

Awwww you poor thing. Thank goodness for those beauties and for your hubby! It will all melt away after baby arrives...LOL

Anonymous said...

More kids later! The cousins here will be so excited. I understand the sexiness of the tools to help you get through your day...I mean, your stockings have nothing on my neck brace, :-P