Thursday 29 May 2014

My very own Silken pillow

I just finished my very own Silken pillow! A Silken pillow can be used as a nursing pillow or for propping a baby up on the floor. One of my friends in New Zealand had one shaped like a horse and when I returned home and friends and family started having babies I wanted to make something similar. Since I can't draw (even the outline of an animal) I got our Jack Russell, Silken, to lie on some newspaper and I traced her for the pattern. She was middle-aged at the time and thus able to lie still for long enough! I've made several for other people and it was fun this time to be making my own! I was pleased with the result and had a bowl of ice cream to celebrate. No pickles.
Silken posing beside the first Silken pillow.


My Silken pillow.

No comments: