Wednesday 11 March 2015

Mom and baby bootcamp

Helen and I have been going to Mom and Baby Bootcamp classes at the local community centre (fit4two.ca). It's not quite zumba (Zumba blog post) but it's still pretty good. The instructor is excellent and it provides us with social time as well as the workout so it's great mentally too. Basically the babies lie on exercise mats while the moms work out. You can stop to feed or change a diaper and if the baby's fussy then you hold her and modify the exercise accordingly. During push-ups we're all hoping that our baby will start crying so we can have a break! At the beginning jumping jacks were a good challenge for my pelvic floor muscles but I can now (usually) get through them without running to the washroom to pee first.

Helen would never be happy lying on the floor at home for that long but there's lots to look at in the class and it keeps her entertained. Her favourite thing to do is to suck on the gym mat. I know that germs are good for the immune system but the fermenting sweat on the mat is a bit much for me and I try to sprint over in time to stop her. I have very limited success. Her second favourite thing is sitting on my stomach while I do abdominal work. She finds this hilarious, especially when her weight makes it harder for me.

Spring's here in Vancouver so hopefully we'll be able to get our exercise outdoors soon! Helen was given a bike seat so we're just waiting for her to be old enough to go for rides ...


1 comment:

The Farmhouse Quilter said...

I think you deserve to make yourself a bikini...with all that hard work you are doing with Helen sitting on your abs. I am well into a 90 day workout that I follow on YouTube and sometimes her kid comes and jumps on her. I don't think I could take it!